The Ponoka and District Chamber of Commerce has announced the 2022 business award finalists ahead of their gala on Oct. 15.
”We had some very close numbers,” said chamber executive manager Heather Bendera in an email.“For someone to take the time out of their day to nominate you is a testament to the calibre of your business.”
The 2022 awards finalists are:
Large Business of the Year
– Heartland Feeds
– Ponoka Veterinary Clinic
– The Liquor Store
Medium Business of the Year
– Ponoka Professional Pharmacy
– Rose Creations Ltd.
– Siding 14 Brewing Company
Small Business of the Year
– Busted Ladies Lingerie
– Makkinga Market
– Nutrition by Michelle
– Under Pressure Sewer Line Jetting Inc.
Inger Laing Memorial Business Person of the Year
– Pat Boardman, Legacy Ford Ponoka
– Elaine Makkinga, Makkinga Market
– Steve Wass, Underpressure Sewerline Jetting Inc
Community/Service Group of the Year
– Central Alberta Youth Unlimited
– Ponoka Area Minor Football Association
– Ponoka Family and Community Support Services
Customer Service Person of the Year
– Marijke Kager, Busted Ladies Lingerie
– Ryan Moore, Ponoka Community Golf Club
– Scott Rarick, Bob Ronnie Catering
New Business of the Year
– Amber’s Alterations
– Cline Agro
– Ponoka Family Chiropractic
Legacy Business of the Year
– Hammy’s Foods
– Sommer Home Hardware
– Ponoka Eyecare
The winners will be announced at the chamber’s awards night on Oct. 15 at the Ponoka Golf Course.
The evening will begin with cocktails at 6;30 p.m., with dinner being served at 7 p.m.
Passport to Christmas
The 2022 Passport to Christmas is ready to get underway and chamber members and non-members alike can take take in this annual shop local tradition.
Shoppers get a chance to win prizes as they support local businesses. The chamber will sponsor a $1,500 grand prize shopping spree to participating businesses.
The passports will be distributed on Nov. 12, and picked up Dec. 27, and the winners will be notified by New Years.