The first two Doctors in the Ponoka district were Dr. A.A. Drinnan, left, and Dr. W. A. Campbell on the right. These dedicated Physicians served our town and surrounding districts by horse and buggy in the early years. Dr. Drinnan arrived in Ponoka in 1902 and after a short stay in Saskatchewan returned here to treat countless patients until his retirement, after which he lived on his fox farm in Chain Lakes until his death. Dr. Campbell, who also served in the military in the First World War set up his medical practise on Chipman Avenue in 1903, and faithfully served the community until his death in 1934.
Photos courtesy of Fort Ostell Museum