Remember when: Mecca Glen

This early Mecca Glen Consolidated School was opened at the present sight east of Ponoka in 1949

First principal of Mecca Glen

First principal of Mecca Glen

This early Mecca Glen Consolidated School was opened at the present sight east of Ponoka in 1949, shown here with the first principal Mr. Thorson.

After serving over 125 Grade 1 to 11 students, the initial school burnt to the ground in October 1955 and was replaced a year later by a new modern structure, which today continues to host kindergarten to grade nine students from throughout the districts.