(NC)—Millions of Canadians are affected by cough, cold and flu symptoms every year. These symptoms are easy to recognize, and often include congestion, sneezing, sore throat, fever and a general feeling of discomfort.
Cold and flu viruses spread easily, especially amongst children and, unfortunately, their family members! Even if we can’t cure the cold or flu, we can follow some basic guidelines to keep up with our daily activities:
• To prevent the spread of viruses, wash your hands each time you cough or blow your nose.
• When affected with a fever, it is essential to get plenty of bed rest.
• Drink a generous amount of liquids to combat dehydration cased by fevers and to encourage the flow of nasal secretions.
• Clear out the nasal passages by rinsing them with seawater.
• And finally, children and adults should never hesitate to enjoy the great outdoors – even if they have a cold.