CBC News asked the question: Do you think the census decision has hurt the Conservatives?
Perhaps, perhaps not. I think what should count against the Conservatives is the constant drip, drip, drip of such irresponsible behaviour as the current census debacle:
– On top of the frightening G20-in-downtown-Toronto nightmare;
– On top of the prison-building for “unreported” crime;
– On top of the absolute refusal to deal with the prisoner transfer issue;
– On top of the giving of our tax dollars to desperate Third World women only if they live according to our First World rules;
– On top of discounting the reality of scientists trying desperately to have Prime Minister Stephan Harper recognize what global warming will mean to our country.
The great thing about this census decision is that Harper will stay true to form:
– No matter how mad the public gets;
– No matter how many experts tell him he is wrong.
He will do what he wants and never look back. He will never apologize and never change his mind. Prorogation and maternal health are issues where he could have and should have considered what was said to him and did not because, pandering to his base for votes, Harper hasn’t figured out that his job is to serve.
His arrogance, intransigence and the inability to say, “I was wrong” will be his undoing.
And that will be a good thing.