The call for nominations is out to recognize Ponoka businesses for excellence.
The Ponoka and District Chamber of Commerce Business Awards banquet is Oct. 25 and the deadline to nominate is Sept. 20, says Les Jaster, executive manager for the chamber. “It’s a chance for those that get nominated to strut their stuff.”
This year’s theme is Ponoka Businesses Rock On, a 1950s themed gala for Ponoka businesses and customer service representatives; the Customer Service Person of the Year Award is the only category open to public voting and Jaster feels this is a good opportunity for community involvement.
“This is the only category where everybody votes,” he said.
Jaster sees the awards as an opportunity to celebrate the strengths of being a chamber member and gives owners something to feel proud of.
“Don’t eliminate anybody. If you’re happy with dealing with one of the businesses in town, let it show,” offered Jaster.
And the categories are:
Businesses of the Year
Presented to a business that consistently demonstrates a commitment to excellence, shows growth and profitability and acts as a role model for other businesses and has had an active involvement in the community.
• Small business – 0-4 employees.
• Medium business – 5-10 employees.
• Large business: – 11 + employees.
Industrial Business of the Year
• Presented to an industrial business carrying on business in manufacturing, oilfield services, production and/or industrial services and who consistently demonstrates a commitment to excellence, shows growth and profitability, acts as a role model for other industrial businesses and has an active role in the industrial sector.
Businessperson of the Year
• A Ponoka and District Chamber of Commerce businessperson who has demonstrated innovation, vision and business growth. This person will be active in the community and in the development in Ponoka and district area.
Agricultural Business of the Year
• Presented to an agriculture business that consistently demonstrates a commitment to excellence, shows profitability, acts as a role model for other agricultural businesses and has an active role in the agricultural sector.
Customer Service Person of the Year
Presented to an individual who consistently provides outstanding customer service, demonstrating responsiveness, efficiency, professionalism, innovation and conflict resolution. This award will be determined by a public vote. Any employee of a chamber member is eligible.
Non-profit Business of the Year
A non-profit registered society that is actively involved and has demonstrated effects to better the Ponoka and district community.
For a full member listing go to www.ponokalive.ca under the business directory or call Jaster at 403-783-3888.