An unsightly premises saga that had been before council since the time the previous council was in office came to a resolution acceptable to Ponoka County on July 15.
After the matter was last discussed by council June 17, County CAO Charlie Cutforth and assistant CAO Tom Webber informed landowner Albert Brown that if his equipment was out of direct sight from the upset neighbor’s land, then he would have met the conditions set by the councillors.
“And he’s done that,” said Cutforth.
“The neighbor is still desperately unhappy and dissatisfied,” he added, stating the neighbors want every piece of collected equipment removed from the land.
To appease the neighboring landowners, council could take a further step and order a stop action for the premises to be taken to court before a judge. However, Cutforth says that would be contradictory to what the previous council originally instructed Brown to do.
“As long as he doesn’t start dragging a bunch of new stuff in there and he honors that buffer zone, he won’t further hear from us,” said Cutforth.
“He responded to it. From the county’s perspective, I think we’re done with that,” added Reeve Paul McLauchlin.
Cutforth believes it is just the one neighboring family that has an issue with Brown’s land and that the rest are comfortable with its current state. He added that if the plaintiffs are still unhappy, it is up to them to take the issue before court.