The following is a list of local community supports and services and helpful provincial resources available during the developing COVID-19 situation in Ponoka and Maskacis.
This list will be updated as information becomes available. If you know of a resource or service that should be listed, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local supports and services
– Ponoka Shoppers Drug Mart is dedicating its first hour of the day, 9 to 10 a.m., to seniors to allow them to shop, and is asking the rest of the general public to respect that time, and hold off on their shopping until after 10 a.m. Seniors also receive a 20 per cent discount from 9 to 10 a.m.
– The Ponoka Food Bank is continuing to operate under additional precautionary measures.
– Ponoka FCSS will continue income tax clinics, but will be doing a drop off service only. See their Facebook page for more details.
– As of March 18, ATB Financial (including the Ponoka Branch) is launching a customer a relief program. Customers will be able to apply for deferred payments for mortgages, personal and business loans.
To apply for a payment deferral, customers can contact our 24/7 Customer Care Centre at 1-800-332-8383.
– Ponoka FCSS Meals on Wheels is continuing to operate under added precautions.
– The Old Iron Horse restaurant is offering free meal to kids (limit on per meal per table or family) from March 15 to April 15, due to school closures. Some conditions apply.
– For those experiencing an impact to their mental health during this pandemic, Maskwacis Mobile Mental Health Team is available to give support. Call 780-362-2150. Helpful advice on how to talk to kids is available at alberta.ca/COVID19.
– Maskwacis Education Schools Commission and Maskwacis Health Services are distributing food hampers. Hampers will not be distributed from the Health Centre, but teams will be sent out to deliver hampers. Food hampers are for everyone within the Four Nations and Pigeon Lake, or for MESC students who live off-reserve, with a limit of one hamper per household. For more information, please message MHS’s inbox directly.
– Old MacDonald Kennels and Animal Services welcomes dog walkers, every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Check alberta.ca/COVID19 regularly for updates and information.
-Coronavirus Hotline at 1-833-784-4397
Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents, https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html?fbclid=IwAR3LcxgsfDpTyFB9I7RYtSnwVb7IiArvD4lG-_Oq4I7prQA8rxCLmcToIrs#individual