As the 2017 Municipal Election approaches, the Town of Ponoka has posted information for voters and potential candidates on the town website.
Check www.ponoka.ca for more details. Please scroll down the home page of the website until you see Ponoka Votes 2017. Then click on the link to view helpful information for voters and hopeful councillors.
Election information posted on the town website includes:
• A Key Dates Chart listing dates for Nomination Day, Advance Polls, Institutional Votes in seniors’ care facilities, and Election Day (October 16, 2017)
• Voter ID requirements and Frequently Asked Questions
• An Application for Registration form for candidates who are planning to raise funds for their campaigns
• A Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance form
• A Candidates Guide – Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
• Election Sign regulations by Alberta Transportation
• A Register of Candidates for the 2017 Municipal Election in Ponoka
The Returning Officer for the Town of Ponoka during the 2017 Municipal Election is CAO Albert Flootman. His contact information is included with the election information posted on the town website.
Additional information related to the upcoming Municipal Election will be posted on the town website as it becomes available.
If you have questions, please call 403-783-4431.