Ponoka’s annual Community Activity and Sports Registration night will take place on Wednesday, August 26 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the curling rink in the Ponoka Arena Complex.
Citizens can come and sign up for activities, sports and recreation programs that will be offered in Ponoka this fall and winter. Local groups and organizations will be at the event inviting citizens to register for youth and adult activities and programs.
COVID-19 safety measures
A maximum number of 50 people at a time can gather at the curling rink due to COVID-19, in accordance with provincial health requirements and recommendations. To comply with those restrictions and prevent crowding, citizens who attend the event are asked to come during one of four registration time blocks based on your last name as follows:
- Last names beginning with A to G are asked to attend from 5 – 5:45 p.m.
- Last names beginning with H to M are asked to attend from 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.
- Last names beginning with N to Z are asked to attend from 6:30 – 7:15 p.m.
- If you are unable to attend during your designated time block, you can come between 7:15 – 8 p.m.
Other safety measures that will be in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Directional markings;
- Hand sanitizer stations; and
- Designated entrances and exits.
Masks are strongly encouraged and will be distributed by vendors at the event. Citizens are encouraged to sign up for fall and winter activities and programs online or by telephone where possible.
If your organization is interested in booking a table at the Community Activity and Sports Registration Night or would like more information, please call 403-783-0131.
– Submitted by the Town of Ponoka