Public skating and shinny hockey will return to the large and small indoor ice surfaces at the Ponoka Arena Complex starting on Sept. 5.
Both public skating and shinny hockey will be offered on weekdays and weekends as follows:
• Monday to Wednesday and Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the small ice.
• Monday from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. on the small ice.
• Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on the small ice.
• No pucks or sticks are permitted during public skating.
• Monday to Wednesday and on Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the large ice.
• Thursday from 9 to 10:15 p.m. on the small ice.
• Shinny hockey for children aged three to eight years old will run Monday to Wednesday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and Sunday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the small ice.
• Shinny hockey for children eight years and older will run on Saturday from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
• Helmets are required and users are required to bring their own sticks.
To view the full ice season schedule, visit the Town website at www.ponoka.ca/p/ice-season-programming. Paper copies of the schedule are also available at the Ponoka Arena.
Recreation passes available
To access public skating and shinny hockey, citizens can purchase a single-use pass or a 20-visit punch pass for the Arena. They can also purchase a recreation pass which gives users access to all drop-in programming at the Arena and Aquaplex (including swimming, water fitness classes, public skating/shinny hockey, and racquetball/squash).