Rimbey councillor’s inappropriate handling of food made public

Co-owner caught on video issues public apology

Rimbey councillor Jack Webb

A Rimbey town councillor, whose inappropriate handling of food at Gasoline Alley’s Carl’s Jr. has been made public, is deeply sorry for his actions.

In a telephone interview, Jack Webb struggled to find the words to convey his feelings of remorse, admitting his action showed serious lack of judgment.

“I know I publicly need to apologize,” he said.

A video that went viral after being shown on television news programs, shows Webb stirring a large container of sauce using only his bare hands. The footage also shows other violations including a chicken tender being placed back on a plate after it had been dropped on the floor.

Webb operated the popular Monteray Jack’s Family Restaurant in Rimbey for several years before becoming co-owner of Gasoline Alley’s Carl’s Jr.

Webb, a dedicated volunteer and long time businessman in Rimbey, takes full responsibility for his actions.

“It is with a humble and contrite heart that I apologize. I own it. I have no excuses and I have learned a valuable lesson.”

While he admits he suffered from a lapse in judgement, Webb wants to ensure the public that the staff employed at Carl’s Jr. at Gasoline Alley follow stringent rules.

“It is a very safe place to eat,” he said.

The incident happened six months ago, and since that time, Webb has successfully completed a Food Safety Certification Program. He is, however, no longer involved in the day to day operations of the restaurant.

Mayor Rick Pankiw reminds the public that Webb has been very active in the community and a dedicated volunteer with several organizations including FCSS and Rimbey Historical Society.

“This incident is not related to his position as a councillor. And everyone makes mistakes.”

Deputy mayor Paul Payson agreed.

“Jack is someone who cares about the people of Rimbey and he takes his role as a councillor very seriously. He is a sincere and caring person.”

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Comments are closed

Just Posted

Revenue Canada, RCMP don’t accept Bitcoin: police

RCMP issue Bitcoin warning posters

Mat program not quite ready to open its doors

Committee hopes to bring people out from the cold with overnight shelter program

Ponoka County writes off quarter of a million in taxes

Bankrupt energy companies hitting county financially

Rebels fight back from 3-1 Raider lead to win 4-3 in shootout

Two goals by Zak Smith key to Rebels comeback

‘Extensive’ work planned at Big Bar landslide ahead of salmon, steelhead migration

Fisheries Minister Bernadette Jordan visited the site of the slide from June

Royal deal clears way for Harry, Meghan part-time Canada move: experts

Keith Roy of the Monarchist League of Canada said the deal is exactly what Harry and Meghan asked for

PHOTOS: Eastern Newfoundland reeling, search underway for missing man after blizzard

More than 70 centimetres of new snow fell overnight, creating whiteout conditions

Prince Harry, Meghan to give up ‘royal highness’ titles

‘Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family,’ says Queen Elizabeth II

RCMP Major Crimes Unit lays charges in Stettler death

Nicholas Climb Johnson, 32, of Stettler is charged with second degree murder in the death of his father

‘Manny’s Motel’ badly damaged by fire Jan. 15

Police say 40 Ave. closed due to fire, use alternate route

Most Read