Tuck into a fluffy stack of pancakes at your choice of several community breakfasts being held during Stampede Week.
June 27 to July 1
– There will be a pancake breakfast at the Ponoka Legion June 27 to July 1, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. each day. Children three and under are free, four to nine-year-olds pay 1$ per year of their age, and nine and up are $10 each.
Wednesday, June 28
– Heartland Feeds and sponsors are hosting a complementary breakfast on Wednesday, June 28 from 8 to 11 a.m. at 6602 46 Ave. There will be sales and in-store draws so don’t miss out!
– Busted Ladies Lingerie is hosting their second annual community barbecue from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the lot next to their shop on 51st Avenue. For $5, you can enjoy a hamburger or hotdog with a pop and cookie. Proceeds will go to the Ponoka Food Bank.
Friday, June 30
The Lacombe-Ponoka NDP is hosting a non-partisan, public pancake breakfast at the Ponoka United Church on June 30, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Dig into a plate of pancakes and sausage with a juice or coffee for $5. A muffin, juice or coffee is $2.50.
Saturday, July 1
– If you’re more in the mood for a burger or smokie, Hammy’s is holding their annual Canada Day Barbecue on Saturday, July 1, from 11 a.m to 5 p.m. in Hammy’s parking lot, located at 45 Ave. 50 St. Burgers and smokies are $1.50 and ice cream treats are 25 cents. Drinks are free.
Sunday, July 2
– The Alberta Cattlemen’s and Alberta Country Gospel Opry will be hosting a pancake breakfast and Cowboy Church service at the Ponoka Stampede Grounds, on Sunday, July 2. The breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. with the service to follow in the Stagecoach Saloon.
The Pony Express concession, located in the Calnash Ag Event Centre, will be open, starting at 7 a.m. for breakfast, and closing at 6 p.m. daily.