Donations were starting to pile up in PSC’s Stuff-a-Bus, parked outside of IGA on Dec. 3. Photo by Emily Jaycox

Still time to get in on Santa’s Anonymous

PSC program taking registrations until Dec. 12

The annual campaign by students and staff at Ponoka Secondary Campus is going well.

That according to Karen David, a teacher at PSC and supervisor of the school’s Santa’s Anonymous program that is in its 38th year.

“The Stuff-A-Bus (held Dec. 3) went well,” David said.

“We were up slightly in cash donations and down in food.”

David added the program is still taking registrations for food and gift hampers until Dec. 12.

“People can still call Santa’s Hotline at 403-963.7225. So far, our numbers are lower than last year at this time, but we still have a few days to go,” she said.

The school is also holding its food drive competition, this year called the 14 Days of Christmas, that ends today (Dec. 11) with David noting that some classes have already completed the 14 day challenge.

Food and monetary donations were also collected at the school’s annual Santa Showdown game at the Ponoka Culture and Recreation Complex held Dec. 10.

Also starting Dec. 11, a portion of the school will be transformed into Santa’s Workshop.

“On Wednesday, we will be in full swing — preparing food and gift hampers,” David said.

All of the hampers will be delivered on Dec. 18 between 3:30 and 6 p.m.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Revenue Canada, RCMP don’t accept Bitcoin: police

RCMP issue Bitcoin warning posters

Mat program not quite ready to open its doors

Committee hopes to bring people out from the cold with overnight shelter program

Ponoka County writes off quarter of a million in taxes

Bankrupt energy companies hitting county financially

Rebels fight back from 3-1 Raider lead to win 4-3 in shootout

Two goals by Zak Smith key to Rebels comeback

‘Extensive’ work planned at Big Bar landslide ahead of salmon, steelhead migration

Fisheries Minister Bernadette Jordan visited the site of the slide from June

Royal deal clears way for Harry, Meghan part-time Canada move: experts

Keith Roy of the Monarchist League of Canada said the deal is exactly what Harry and Meghan asked for

PHOTOS: Eastern Newfoundland reeling, search underway for missing man after blizzard

More than 70 centimetres of new snow fell overnight, creating whiteout conditions

Prince Harry, Meghan to give up ‘royal highness’ titles

‘Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family,’ says Queen Elizabeth II

RCMP Major Crimes Unit lays charges in Stettler death

Nicholas Climb Johnson, 32, of Stettler is charged with second degree murder in the death of his father

‘Manny’s Motel’ badly damaged by fire Jan. 15

Police say 40 Ave. closed due to fire, use alternate route

Most Read