The Town of Ponoka is seeking applications from the Ponoka community for the following council advisory committee vacancies:
Community Enhancement Committee
• Strengthening and increasing recreational opportunities for all residents of the community of Ponoka;
• Acting as a liaison and advising town council on matters regarding the use of services, facilities, programs and special events.
• Reviewing capital requests for new and existing recreational facilities;
• Considering and recommending initiatives that will serve to enhance and support the town’s strategic priorities for growth and economic health.
• Considering ideas regarding the enhancement and redevelopment of downtown.
Ponoka Police Advisory Committee
• Providing community feedback to the RCMP and the town’s chief administrative officer concerning policing strategies and activities.
• Representing the interests and concerns of the public and council to the officer in charge.
• Providing advice and making recommendations to council relating to policing matters.
• Participating in the development of a yearly plan of priorities and strategies for municipal policing, to be submitted to council.
Application forms and information about the role and function of each committees are available at https://www.ponoka.ca/p/council-appointed-boards-committee. For paper copies of the application forms and related Bylaws, visit the Ponoka Town Office at 200, 5604 – 50 St.
All board and committee members are required to follow Town Policy No. GOV-002-006: Town Council Appointed Boards and Committees Code of Conduct.
A copy of the policy and Code of Conduct are also available on the town’s website or at the town office.
Please submit completed application forms to the town office or by email to email@example.com by Dec. 5.