The U6 Timbits outdoor soccer teams get together every Wednesday night at 6 p.m. at the Ponoka hospital soccer fields, for little games against one another. There is a mini-tournament planned for June 15 from 1 to 3 p.m.
The U8 outdoor soccer teams are doing awesome so far this season. There are six teams in total, with 11 co-ed players on each team. This mix of players is melding extremely well and showing the true workings of teamwork. One of the U8 teams is located at Mecca Glen, so on a rotation, all teams have an away game, which is a big deal for these young teams.
The U10 outdoor soccer teams have five teams playing this season, with 10 to 11 players on each team. Their season is going well and the kids seem to be having a lot of fun.
Ponoka Storm travelling competitive teams
– U12 girls team has played six games so far this season, with 1-4-1.
– U12 boys team are having a fair season so far, 3-3-2.
– U14 girls team place second in the first part of the season; after playing seven games, they came home with five wins and two losses, just missing out on first place by two points. They now continue in the second half of the season playing in the A division.
– U14 boys are 1-4-3, going into the second half of their season.
– U16 girls are first for their league, 6-1.
– U16 boys are in third in their league. After playing seven games, they are 3-2-2 with one of the games being an exhibition against Wetaskiwin.
– U18 girls are going into the second half of our soccer season with two wins under their cleats.
The team in the Battle River Men’s Soccer League is in a three-way tie for first in their standings with Millet and Manluk teams.